The PathGuide team was at MODEX 2016 from April 4-7, networking, learning from the experts and checking out the latest in supply chain technology. Here are some of the highlights.
Automation, automation, automation. This year’s show focused heavily on robotics (automated guided vehicles in particular), shuttle systems, advances in real-time processing and optimization, and other solutions aimed at e-Commerce fulfillment. Not all are at the stage where they are commercially viable for distributors, so it will be very interesting to see how they evolve in the next few years.
Kevin O’Leary of Shark Tank fame was one of several keynote speakers. He gave an excellent presentation on business management called “Lessons from a Dragon,” which gives you an idea of how ruthless his advice can be. Here are his tips for being a successful manager:
- Employees are your most valuable asset, but they are not your friends.
- Maintain a clear line of command – and make it clear who’s running the show.
- Always be accessible. It shows that you’re invested in people’s success and you’ll be respected for it.
- Delegate. Make sure both parties understand the goal, then get out of the way.
- Don’t procrastinate. Great leaders understand this.
- Never pass the buck. It’s your problem if you can’t accept responsibility.
- Customer service always trumps price. Always.
- Use technology as a weapon.
- The boss doesn’t always make the most money.
- Business is war. There are winners and losers. Always think globally, even if you’re a small business.
Thanks to everyone who came to meet us in person. Looking forward to seeing you again next year, or earlier at our own Latitude User Conference next month!
The post New Technology and Old Business Smarts – MODEX 2016 appeared first on Read Our Blog.