FedEx moves more than 10 million packages every day. So how does PathGuide ensure that the Latitude Manifest & Shipping System users can keep deliveries on track? By diligently tracking software updates and ensuring that Latitude is totally compliant with FedEx shipping guidelines.
It took three months of work, but we are happy to announce that the Latitude Manifest & Shipping System is once again FedEx compliant for the coming year. After applying the required updates, PathGuide achieved Platinum Certified Solution Provider status for FedEx and users of the PathGuide system can be confident that shipping will go as smoothly as usual.
Here were a few of the biggest advancements:
1. FedEx SmartPost Third Party Billing options were added.
2. International Returns: FedEx has expanded its Returns Product Portfolio across all service regions and within regions for domestic returns, so we’ve added new features to U.S. Domestic, non-U.S. Domestic and International Email Return Label shipments.
3. Pharmacy Delivery: U.S. customers now have a selectable/passable option that will trigger the courier to deliver the shipment directly to a pharmacy, bypassing a receiving area or loading dock.
4. FedEx One Rate Shipping pricing option was added. One Rate is a flat rate that does not require the customer to weigh shipments under 50 pounds. It is available only in the U.S.
5. Dangerous Goods/HAZMAT: We have updated the list of goods classified as dangerous.
6. Canada Domestic Expansion: Standard Overnight Intra-Canada Express service for non-freight shipments is now available, offering delivery by 5 pm the next business day.
7. Dangerous Goods Enhancements: Changed to reflect new regulations of shipping Other Regulated Materials-Domestic (ORM-D) in Alaska and Hawaii.
8. International Shipping Enhancements: “Multiple countries” will no longer be accepted as a valid country. We’ve edited the validation process to ensure that all country manufacture codes are valid.
9. We’ve made several changes to how alcohol shipments are handled. Alcohol enablement is now managed at the account level with a specific location (either a state or postal code) to prevent unauthorized shipments from being held at the hub/terminal and returned to the customer. Customers can now identify alcohol shipments as either Licensee or Consumer to improve legal reporting accuracy. Customers will now be able to print the SEL169 label required for all alcohol shipments.
We’ve also added several features requested by specific customers as part of Latitude’s latest software update, Version 18.104.22.168. We want all Latitude customers to have the best user experience possible, and these latest FedEx features help make that happen.
The post Updated Latitude Manifest & Shipping System Ensures that PathGuide Remains FedEx Compliant appeared first on Read Our Blog.